Other government information & assistance
Published 7 April 2020 | Updated 11 August 2020
Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment
The Australian Government has introduced a Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment, available from 5 August 2020. As a disaster payment, it only applies in Victoria, which is in a state of disaster. The payment is available to eligible Victorian workers who don’t have paid sick leave. For more information about the payment and how to claim it, visit Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment on Services Australia's website.
Victorian Coronavirus Test Isolation & Worker Support Payments
Some Victorian workers who aren’t eligible for the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment may be eligible for a Victorian coronavirus worker payment from the Victorian Government. Learn more at Victoria – Coronavirus (COVID-19) test isolation and worker support payments .
A list of government services and agencies providing information, advice and services relating to coronavirus:
Latest government updates on coronavirus
For the latest coronavirus news, updates and advice from government agencies across Australia visit Australia.gov.au .
- Australian Government Department of Health – for the latest information on the virus, including requirements and conditions for isolation and quarantine periods and when testing should be sought.
Payments and services
State coronavirus hardship payments
Some Australian states are providing one-off hardship payments for workers who don’t have access to paid sick leave and can’t work for reasons relating to coronavirus. Go to:
Redundancy and job seeking
- I want a job on the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s website – information on employment programs and services that can help
- Help for workers who have recently lost their job on the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s website – resources for workers who have been made redundant, including information about rights, entitlements and support services.
- What employers want on JobActive – information about the kinds of things employers are looking for when hiring employees.
- Business.gov.au – for information about financial assistance, eligibility and timing for new government support for Australian businesses.
Health and safety in the workplace
Tax and superannuation
- Australian Taxation Office – for information on early access to superannuation, providing cash flow assistance for employers and other government measures relating to tax and superannuation.
Family and domestic violence support services
- 1800 RESPECT – provides confidential information, counselling and support for people impacted by family and domestic violence.
Mental health and wellbeing support services
- Australian Government Treasury department – for information on the Federal Government's economic response to coronavirus, including information on support for individuals, businesses and the economy.
Privacy and information
Public health unit advice
- Stay Smart Online – for information about COVID-19 related scams and phishing emails, including what to look out for and how to stay safe.
Western Australia state system