Other government information & assistance
Published 7 April 2020 | Updated 14 January 2021
A list of government services and agencies providing information, advice and services relating to coronavirus:
On this page:
Latest government updates on coronavirus
For the latest coronavirus news, updates and advice from government agencies across Australia visit Australia.gov.au .
- Australian Government Department of Health – for the latest information on the virus, including requirements and conditions for isolation and quarantine periods and when testing should be sought.
Payments and services
Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment
- Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment – Services Australia – for information on a payment available to some workers in all six Australian states who need to self-isolate or quarantine due to a positive coronavirus case and don’t have paid sick leave.
State coronavirus hardship payments
Some Australian states are also providing hardship payments for certain workers who don’t have access to paid sick leave and can’t work because they are waiting for coronavirus test results. Go to:
Redundancy and job seeking
- I want a job on the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s website – information on employment programs and services that can help
- Help for workers who have recently lost their job on the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s website – resources for workers who have been made redundant, including information about rights, entitlements and support services.
- What employers want on JobActive – information about the kinds of things employers are looking for when hiring employees.
- Business.gov.au – for information about financial assistance, eligibility and timing for new government support for Australian businesses.
Health and safety in the workplace
Tax and superannuation
- Australian Taxation Office – for information on early access to superannuation, providing cash flow assistance for employers and other government measures relating to tax and superannuation.
Family and domestic violence support services
- 1800 RESPECT – provides confidential information, counselling and support for people impacted by family and domestic violence.
Mental health and wellbeing support services
- Australian Government Treasury department – for information on the Federal Government's economic response to coronavirus, including information on support for individuals, businesses and the economy.
Privacy and information
Public health unit advice
- Stay Smart Online – for information about COVID-19 related scams and phishing emails, including what to look out for and how to stay safe.
Western Australia state system